shabby

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Provisions

It's a Thursday. I thought I needed neatly folded laundry piles, an organized refrigerator, and to run errands.

He knew better. He knew what I didn't even know I needed.

And so, three time-stood-still hours woven with coffee, conversation, children buzzing, compassion, prayer, and fellowship happened.

I sunk into a chair, schedule thrown to the wind, and felt the fullness of it all. I am full.

He knew my heart needed that heavenly connection. And so did hers.

And then, a stamped envelope, with a letter from a far-flung friend, always wished to be a near-flung one. And she beckons, invites, and loves in neatly slanted handwriting for this beautiful friendship through every season to continue to live and breathe and go on.

And I realize that this great God I call mine, He not only fills us to fullness, but He delights to watch our cups overflow. To heap blessing on us, and then dazzle us with even more. The universe is His, and everything in it, and yet ... He found me on this Thursday and stopped me still in my tracks and sent me love in time with a sister, and more love in a letter.

Thank you, Jesus for so sweetly wrapping me up in your tender love and having your eye on me today. Thank you for your extravagant care, and the beautiful ways you meet my small and large needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment